Hit & Run driver injures you – You can still have a case

A drunk driver blows a stop sign and seriously injures you.  The police arrive and the driver is placed in handcuffs as you are put on a gurney in an ambulance.  Along the way, aside from the excruciating pain, you are worried how you will be able to pay your bills and recover your lost pay.

In most situations as this, you need a lawyer to assist you with your bills, expenses, lost pay. Plan “A” is to obtain No Fault Insurance which covers most of these items.  Plan “B” is to investigate whether your insurance policy has “Supplementary Uninsured / Underinsured Coverage” a/k/a “SUM” coverage.  The SUM coverage will protect you in a situation in which a driver has no insurance at all AND/OR if the driver is insufficiently insured (or “underinsured”).

You will need a competent lawyer who is familiar with filing for SUM coverage.  Ultimately, you may be awarded a sum of money from an arbitrator for the Pain & Suffering resulting from your injuries.

With over 25 years of experience in the area of Personal Injury, I would be at your service to help you through this situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.